Sunday 9 February 2020

Scottish Chapter Saturday 8th February


 As many of you will know The RNA Scottish Chapter have been holding a weekend of romantic fiction on Facebook with authors putting up a short excerpt of one (or two) of their own books. Everyone who is interested was invited to comment or ask questions. This is the link but there is not much time left to comment and be entered into the prize draw. Even if you miss that you can still see all the books and comments. The link is below under "Discussion"

 https://www.facebook.com/events/172509054027536

 This was my offering for Saturday but I have been plagued by the internet flashing on and off both days due to the stormy weekend. You can also see the first paragraph in the previous blog.


 Excerpts from SECRETS IN THE HEATHER                                  

 ‘Victoria is not coming at all next week!’ Andrew burst out with more anger than he realised.

‘I see.’ Miss Traill frowned. ‘Have you quarrelled?’

‘Not exactly. Mark Jacobs is coming home. She is saving her day off for him.

 ‘And you think Victoria loves him?’

‘I suppose she must do.’

‘You suppose? You’ve known each other all your lives and you would rather torture yourself than ask her a simple question? I thought you had more courage.’ Andrew flushed uncomfortably.

‘Sometimes it’s better not to know …’


                                                                ************

‘Doctor and Mrs Grantly have invited me to dinner next Wednesday,’ Victoria said. ‘Doctor Grantly has an announcement to make.’

‘What has that to do with me?’ Andrew shrugged.

‘Oh Andrew, I know you’re busy and tired, but please don’t be cross. I need you to come. Mrs Grantly says I must bring someone whose friendship I value. You’re my very best friend.’

‘Am I?’ Andrew asked cynically. ‘You’re mixed up, Victoria.’

‘You mean … you’re not my friend? You won’t come …?’ Her voice trembled. Her brown eyes were dark with distress. Andrew felt his heart would burst with love for her.

‘Oh all right. What time?’ Her face was transformed like sunshine after rain.

‘Oh thank you!’ She hugged his arm. ‘It’s at seven-thirty.’

 ‘I’ll call for you in the car.’ It felt good to say that, although he barely used it since Mr Rennie died. It cost petrol and he could pedal his bicycle for nothing.

None of the four young people who gathered at the doctor’s house that evening could ever have guessed the secret he would reveal, or known the effect it would have on all their futures.


https://www.isis-publishing.co.uk. For audio book suppliers of Secrets in the Heather






1 comment:

  1. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $20,000. Mike Fisher Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Mike Fisher Hackers today! *email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete